18th March, 2019
The Hony. Secretary
All Affiliated Units
Pursuant to the discussions in the Council meeting held on 22nd February, 2019, please note that in the Tournament Committee’s meeting held on 15th March, 2019, following important decisions were taken unanimously:
1. U19 Doubles will not be held in Sub Jr and Jr Ranking Tournaments and State Championship including the forthcoming tournament at Raigunj to be held from 4th April, 2019 to 9th April, 2019.
2. One (1) Doubles Ranking of U13/15/17/19 and one Doubles State Championship of U13/15/17/19 will be conducted within July/August this year. Mixed Doubles events only for U17 and U19 will be held.
3. Same pair earning highest points will be considered for East Zone Championship and Sub Jr and Jr Nationals as per eligibility criteria.
4. Points of last Purulia Ranking Tournament of U19 Doubles event will not be considered.
5. Minimum Prize Money for U13/15/17/19 doubles events will be Rs.80000/-.
6. WBBA will give the Organizers 40 boxes of Free Shuttlecocks for U13/15/17/19 Doubles Events.
7. Since this is an exclusive Doubles Event, current State Players who are getting some amount towards boarding and lodging will not be given any such amount by the Organizers.
8. Entry fees as existing for Jr Events will be applicable.
9. Players will not be able to participate in more than two (2) events in Doubles Tournaments.
10. Same pairs earning highest points in Mens Doubles, Womens Doubles and Mixed Doubles will be selected in Bengal Teams for East Zone and National as per eligibility criteria.
11. It was also decided unanimously that in Sub Jr and Jr Singles Tournaments, a player will not be eligible to participate in more than two (2) singles events.
12. All other existing rules and regulations will remain same.
Sekhar C. Biswas
Hony. General Secretary
Copy to: 1) Sri U.N. Banerjee 2) Sri Suranjan Dutta
President, WBBA Chairman – Tournament Committee3) All Concerned